Tuesday 22 March 2011

Jacob's Ladder, Aladdin's Couloir and the Runnel










Carron and I walked into Coire an t-Sneachda with Ron, Erika and Kris today. They were going to climb Jacob's Ladder and we were going to have a look at Hidden Chimney but as the ice at the start looked a bit thinner than I would have liked, Carron and I soloed up Jacob's Ladder then walked across the plateau to climb down Aladdin's Couloir.
Back down in the corrie, we went for a wander and as The Runnel looked good, we went up that. The snow on all the routes was soft, not surprisingly goving the mild temperature and we got the bonus of a nice, icy pitch on The Runnel.
More info and pictures from Ron here
I try to add pictures in order but having just received Carron's pictures, I wanted to add this one of me at the top of the Runnel, silly grin, great day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home